William's Top Matches
About William Eure, 2nd Baron Eure
Name: William Eure 2nd Lord Eure
Given Name: William
Suffix: 2nd Lord Eure
Birth: 10 May 1529
Death: 12 Sep 1594
William, second Lord Eure, or Evers, son of Sir Ralph Eure, by Margery, daughter of Sir Ralph Bowes, of Streatlam Castle in Durham, succeeded his grandfather, William, in the title, and was bred to the profession of arms. He is styled in a very fine pedigree of his family, preserved in the College of Arms, "Gulielmus de Eure, Miles (cujus jussu delineatur) Dominus Eure, olim Capitaneus Castri et Villa Barwici." He was joined to Lord Wharton in that command, and in the Wardenry, not long before the date of this letter, and his commission was renewed in the 1st of Elizabeth. In 1570 he served under the Earl of Sussex on the borders, and in Scotland; and in 1587 was appointed, with the Earl of Rutland, to treat of a league with the Scots. He married Margaret, daughter of Sir Edward Dymoke, of Scrivelsby in Lincolnshire, by whom he had five sons ; Ralph, his successor; Francis ; William; Charles; and Charles ; and six daughters; Anne, married to John, son and heir of Sir William Mallory; Muriel, to Richard Goodrick, of Ribston in Yorkshire ; Martha, to Sir William Armine ; Mary, Margaret, and Elizabeth. Lord Eure died Feb. 12, 1593?4.
Upon the failure of this nobleman's male line, the family estates which were very valuable, particularly in Yorkshire, were inherited by his great great grand-daughters, Margaret, wife of Thomas, son of Sir Thomas Danby, and Mary, wife of William Palmes, of Ashwell in Rutlandshire, and Linley in Yorkshire. From the descendants of the latter an ancestor of the late Marquis of Rock- ingham purchased a considerable part, particularly Malton, where the Lords Eure had a magnificent mansion. The title became extinct in George, Lord Eure, a violent sectary, and a man of singular character, who represented the county of York in Cromwell's House of Commons, and lived till the beginning of the last century.
1 2 3
Change Date: 20 Aug 2009 at 01:00:00
Father: Ralph Eure
Mother: Margery Bowes
Marriage 1 Margaret Dymoke
William Eure of Bradley
Title: The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant
Author: Editor: G.E. Cokayne, with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden
Publication: St. Catherine Press, 29 Great Queen St, Kingsway, W.C. 1959
Title: The Complete Baronetage
Author: George Edward Cokayne
Publication: Exeter, 1903
Title: Collins' Peerage of England, Genealogical, Biographical, and Historical, Greatly Augmented, and continued to the present
Author: Sir Egerton Brydges
- 'William [Eure], 2nd Baron Eure
- 'born 10 May 1529
- 'mar. bef. 1558 Margaret Dymoke (bur. 15 Sep 1591), dau. of Sir Edward Dymoke, of Scrivelsby, co. Lincoln, by his wife Anne Tailboys, sister of Gilbert [Tailboys], 1st Baron Tailboys, and 2nd dau. by his second wife of Sir George Tailboys, of Kyme, co. Lincoln, de jure 9th Baron Kyme
- 1. Hon Ralph Eure, later 3rd Baron Eure
- 2. Hon Sir Francis Eure, Chief Justice in North Wales (d. 1 May 1621), mar. (1) Elizabeth Lennard, dau. of John Lennard, of Chevening, and had issue: ....
- Sir Francis Eure mar. (2) Ellen Owen (widow of ..... Owen; d. bef. 14 Sep 1626), dau. and cohrss. of William Wynne Maurice, of Clenneney, co. Carnarvon, and had further issue: ....
- 3. Hon Sir William Eure, of Bradley, co. Durham, Member of Parliament for Scarborough 1601 (bapt. 21 Jan 1585/6; bur. 16 Mar 1628/9), mar. Catherine Bowes, de jure suo jure Baroness Scrope of Bolton (d. after 6 Jul 1631), only child of Sir William Bowes, of Streatlam Castle, co. Durham, by his first wife Hon Mary Scrope, only child by his first wife of Henry [Scrope], 9th Baron Scrope of Bolton, and had issue: .....
- 4. Hon Charles Eure (d. after 23 Oct 1598), mar. Elizabeth Ingham, dau. of Sir Thomas Ingham, of Goodneston, co. Kent, and had issue: .....
- 1. Hon Anne Eure (bur. 3 Apr 1627), mar. Sir William Mallory, of Studley Royal, co. York
- 2. Hon Muriel Eure, mar. 4 Nov 1578 Sir Richard Goodricke, of Ribston, co. York
- 3. Hon Martha Eure (bur. 11 Mar 1661/2), mar. 26 Apr 1590 William Armine, of Osgodby, co. Lincoln, and had issue
- 4. Hon Elizabeth Eure (d. an infant)
- 5. Hon Mary Eure (d. an infant)
- died 12 Feb 1593/4
- suc. by son
- note Warden of the Middle Marches; Captain of Berwick Castle; a Commissioner to negotiate with Scotland 1587
- From: http://www.cracroftspeerage.co.uk/online/
- 'William Eure, 2nd Lord Eure1
- 'M, #125351, b. 10 May 1529, d. 12 September 1594
- Last Edited=8 Jan 2008
- ' William Eure, 2nd Lord Eure was born on 10 May 1529.2 He was the son of Sir Ralph Eure and Margery Bowes.2 He died on 12 September 1594 at age 65.2
- ' He gained the title of 2nd Lord Eure.
- 'Children of William Eure, 2nd Lord Eure
- 1.Martha Eure+1
- 2.Ralph Eure, 3rd Lord Eure+2 b. 24 Sep 1558, d. 1 Apr 1617
- 1.[S15] George Edward Cokayne, editor, The Complete Baronetage, 5 volumes (no date (c. 1900); reprint, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 1983), volume I, page 130. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Baronetage.
- 2.[S6] G.E. Cokayne; with Vicary Gibbs, H.A. Doubleday, Geoffrey H. White, Duncan Warrand and Lord Howard de Walden, editors, The Complete Peerage of England, Scotland, Ireland, Great Britain and the United Kingdom, Extant, Extinct or Dormant, new ed., 13 volumes in 14 (1910-1959; reprint in 6 volumes, Gloucester, U.K.: Alan Sutton Publishing, 2000), volume V, page 181. Hereinafter cited as The Complete Peerage.
- From: http://www.thepeerage.com/p12536.htm#i125351
- 'William EURE (2° B. Eure of Witton)
- 'Born: 27 Feb 1529/30, Mitton, Yorks, England
- 'Died: 12 Feb 1592/93, England
- 'Buried: 13 Feb 1593/1594, Ingleby, Yorkshire, England
- 'Notes: constituted one of the commissioners in 1587 to negotiate a league with Scotland.
- Father: Ralph EURE (Sir Knight)
- Mother: Margery BOWES
- 'Married: Margaret DYMOKE (B. Eure of Witton) BEF 1557, Scrivelsby, Lincolnshire, England
- 1. Muriel EURE
- 2. Ralph EURE (3° B. Eure of Witton)
- 3. Charles EURE
- 4. Francis EURE (Sir Knight)
- 5. William EURE
- 6. Anne EURE
- 7. Martha EURE
- 8. Margaret EURE
- 9. Mary EURE
- From: http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/EURE.htm#William EURE (2° B. Eure of Witton)
- 'William Eure, 2nd Lord Eure
- 'M, #34784, b. 27 February 1530, d. 12 February 1594
- Father Sir Ralph Eure, Burgess of Scarborough, Justice of the Peace for East Riding, Deputy Constable of Scarborough Castle b. 24 Sep 1508, d. 6 Mar 1545
- Mother Margery Bowes b. c 1510, d. a 1567
- ' William Eure, 2nd Lord Eure married Margaret Dymoke, daughter of Sir Edward Dymoke, Sheriff of Lincolnshire and Anne Talbois, at of Scrivelsby, Lincolnshire, England. William Eure, 2nd Lord Eure was born on 27 February 1530 at Mitton, Yorkshire, England. He died on 12 February 1594 at age 63.
- 'Family Margaret Dymoke b. 1529
- Muriel Eure+ b. 1557
- From: http://our-royal-titled-noble-and-commoner-ancestors.com/p1158.htm#i34784
William Eure, 2nd Baron Eure's Timeline
February 27, 1530
Mitton, Yorks, England
Ribston, Yorkshire, England
North Yorkshire, UK
September 24, 1558
Berwick Castle, Northamptonshire, England, England
Scrivelsby, Lincolnshire, England
Of, Berwick Castle, Northumberland, England
Of Heyford, Warren, Oxfordshire, England
Stokesley, North Yorkshire, UK
Scrivelsby, Lincolnshire, England
Of, Scrivelsby, Lincolnshire, England