|Birthplace:||Drumfottie, Leochel-Cushnie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland|
|Death:||Died in Ashland, Ohio, USA|
|Place of Burial:||Savannah, Ashland, Ohio, USA|
|Managed by:||Eldon Clark (C)|
Matching family tree profiles for William Forbes
About William Forbes
Birth: Nov. 26, 1787 Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Death: 1856 Ashland County Ohio, USA
William was born in Drumfottie, Leochel-Cushnie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland. On 17 Jun 1837, William, Christian and their 9 children emigrated from the Port of Aberdeen, Scotland and boarded the Brig CIRCASSIAN. On 03 Aug 1837, the Forbes family immigrated to the United States of America landing on the shores at the Port of New York.
William was a farmer, and he purchased a large tract of land (212 acres) in Clear Creek Township, Ohio about 1840. The Vermillion River runs through the farm, and there was a large tract of virgin timber on part of the land. He named the farm "Vale of Alford" after his home in Scotland. In 1850, the Vale of Alford was used as part of the Underground Railway to free slaves.
William and Christian also had a child named Janet Forbes, b. 03 May 1829, Ardgachan, Alford, Aberdeenshire, Scotland; d. unknown (probably Scotland).
- Christian Tawse Forbes (1795 - 1877)
- William Forbes (1817 - 1885)*
- Isabella Forbes Benton (1820 - 1858)*
- Christian Jane Forbes Benton (1822 - 1898)*
- Alexander Forbes (1824 - 1914)*
- John Forbes (1827 - 1904)*
- Jean Forbes Robertson (1831 - 1908)*
- Margaret Forbes (1833 - 1926)*
- Elizabeth Forbes (1835 - 1888)*
- Robert Forbes (1839 - 1899)*
Burial: Savannah Cemetery Savannah Ashland County Ohio, USA