About William James Major
Mr William James Major
- Born: Thursday 26th February 1880
- Age: 32 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: in Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Fireman / Stoker
- Engine crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Rescued (boat 13)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
Mr William Major, of 4 Oriental Terrace, Southampton, survived the sinking. He escaped in Lifeboat 13.
References and Sources United States Senate, Washington 1912. n° 806, Crew List Colonel Archibald Gracie (1913) The Truth about the Titanic. New York, Mitchell Kennerley Donald Hyslop, Alastair Forsyth and Sheila Jemima (1997) Titanic Voices: Memories from the Fateful Voyage, Sutton Publishing, Southampton City Council. ISBN 0 7509 1436 X
Credits Bill Wormstedt, USA