Matching family tree profiles for William Moore
About William Moore
- Descendants of Andrew Moore of Poquonock and Windsor, Conn. (1900)
- 1 The first mention, yet discovered, of Andrew Moore, of Poquonock. Conn., is the record of his marriage, which is as follows: "Andrew Moore & fara Phelpes yt was Dafter of famuell Phelpes ware married by capten Newberry, february. 15. 1671." Samuel Phelps was the son of William, the emigrant who came to Dorchester, Mass., in 1630. Samuel married Sarah (daughter of Edward) Griswold in Windsor, Conn., Nov. 10, 1650. Sarah (Phelps) Moore was born March 16, 1653-4. Andrew had a grant of land in Simsbury, Conn., in 1680, but he lived in Windsor where the birth of all his children is recorded, except that of his son William. He died there Nov. 29, 1719. and the inventory of his estate was made on the 17th of December following. The distribution of the property took place on the 5th of April, 1720. The estate was appraised at L320. Each of his nine children took his share of the property. The widow, Sarah Moore, was appointed administrator of the estate.
- 2. I. Sarah Moore, b. Dec. 6, 1672.
- 3. II. Andrew Moore, b. Feb. 15, 1674.
- 4. III. Deborah Moore, b. May 31, 1677.
- 5. IV. Jonathan Moore, b. Feb. 26, 1679-80,
- 6. V. Abigail Moore, b. Sept. 12, 1682.
- 7. VI. William Moore, b. __ 1684.
- 8. VII. Rachel Moore, b. Feb. 6, 1690-1.
- 9. VIII. Benjamin Moore, b, Dec. 5, 1693.
- 10. IX. .Amos Moore, b. Oct., 19, 1698.
- 7. WILLIAM2 MOORE (Andrew1) was born in 1684, and died in East Granby, Conn., May 9, 1780. His first wife was Elizabeth __ , who died in East Granby, Sept. 29, 1732, at the age of 49 years. He married second Damaris Phelps (dau. of Josiah) Jan. 20, 1740. He had ten children; born in Simsbury, Conn.
- I. William Moore, b. July 19, 1712; d East "Gersey," Jan 29, 1739.
- 18. II. David Moore, b. Sept. 18, 1713.
- III. Timothy Moore, b __ __; d. Jan. 20, 1730-31.
- 19. IV. James Moore, b. June 6, 1716.
- 20. V. Shadrach Moore, b Sept. 19, 1717
- 21. VI. Mercy or Mary Moore, b. Nov. 24, 1719
- 22. VII. Ebenezer Moore, b. April 20, 1722
- 23. VIII.Andrew Moore, b. __ .
- 24. IX. Isaac Moore, b. __ .
- By second marriage.
- 25. X. Naomi or Ame Moore, b .
- MOORE, William
- b. 1684 Windsor, Hartford, CT.
- d. 9 MAY 1780 Granby, Hartford, CT.
- Father: MOORE, Andrew
- Mother: PHELPS, Sarah
- Spouse: CASE, Elizabeth
- b. 1 SEP 1689 Simsbury, Hartford, CT.
- d. 29 SEP 1739 Granby, Hartford, CT.
- Father: CASE, William
- Mother: HOLCOMB, Elizabeth
- MOORE, William b. 19 JUL 1712 Granby, Hartford, CT. d. 29 JAN 1738/9 New Jersey
- MOORE, David
- MOORE, Timothy b. ABT 1715 Granby, Hartford, CT. d. 20 JAN 1730/1
- MOORE, James
- MOORE, Shadrach
- MOORE, Mercy b. 25 NOV 1719 Granby, Hartford, CT.
- MOORE, Andrew b. ABT 1724 Granby, Hartford, CT.
- MOORE, Isaac b. 1727 Granby, Hartford, CT. d. 1 NOV 1817 Granby, Hartford, CT.
- MOORE, Ebenezer
- Marriage: 20 JUN 1740 Bloomfield, Hartford, CT.
- Spouse: PHELPS, Damaris
- b. 7 JAN 1698/9 Poquonock, Hartford, CT.
- Father: PHELPS, Josiah
- Mother: WINCHELL, Sarah
- MOORE, Naomi
- From: http://www.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_28.htm#207
William Moore, b. in 1684, d. in Granby, Conn., May 9, 1780. His headstone calls him "Mr. Wm. Moor," and says he died in his 97ih year. He m. 1st, Elizabeth Case who d. in Granby (then Simsbury) Sept. 29, 1739. Her headstone says she was 49 years old. No record of this marriage has been found, but William Moore mentioned in his will a "piece of land he bought of his brother William Case." If by brother he means brother-in-law, then Elizabeth, dau. of William and Elizabeth (Holcomb) Case, b. Sept. 1689, was his wife. William Case was the son of John Windsor and Sarah (Spencer) Case of Hartford. Elizabeth had a brother William Case, b. March 22, 1691. William Moore m. 2d, Jan. 20, 1740, Damaris, dau. of Josiah Phelps, who m. Sarah, (dau. of Nathaniel and Sarah Porter) Winchell. Josiah was the son of Samuel, son of William Phelps the immigrant.
"The aged William Moore" made his will Nov. 7, 1773, and the distribution of the estate occurred Oct. 30, 1781. The inventory amounted to Ij^o. To "my beloved wife Damaris" he gave yi the dwelling house, 34^ the cellar and well, yl of the barn and of all his lands and movable estate as long as she remained his widow. As Damaris was 81 years old at the time of Williams death, it is not likely that she lost her property by another sacrifice on the altar of cupid.
Children by first marriage:
- *45. I. William Moore, b. July 19, 1712; d. "East Jersey, " (N. J.) Jan. 29, 1739-
- ■"■David Moore, b. Sept. 18, 1713.
- Timothy Moore, b. ; d. Jan, 20, 1730-31.
- James Moore, b. June 6, 1715.
- Shadrack Moore, b. Sept. 19, 1717.
- Mercy (or Mary) Moore, b. Nov. 25, 1719.
- Ebenezer Moore, b. April 20, 1722.
- Andrew Moore, b. .
- ■* Isaac Moore, b. — , 1727; d. Granby, Nov, i, 1817, aged 90.
- By second marriage:
- 54. X. * Naomi (or Ame) Moore, b. .
William Moore's Timeline
Windsor, Hartford, Connecticut, United States
January 5, 1716
East Granby, Hartford, CT, USA
September 19, 1717
Simsbury, Connecticut, United States
May 9, 1780
East Granby, Hartford, Connecticut, United States