William's Top Matches
About William Rawson
William Rawson, born c. 1677, inherited 118 acres near Naamans Creek, but he spent most of his adult life at the Maurice River in southern New Jersey, where he acquired 1100 acres of forest land in 1718, established a sawmill in 1719, and opened a tavern in 1722. He ran into financial difficulty, however, and in 1739 William Rawson and his wife Lydia mortgaged his 118 acres in Brandywine Hundred. The mortgage was not paid and his land was sold at public auction in 1740. He died in January 1748 and was buried in the Mau-rice River churchyard, established by the Swedes living in that area. Benjamin Bispham was named administratorof his estate. No children of William Rawson have been identified.