About William Varley
(son of Thomas Varley and Maria Slater of Chesterfield, England). Born June 11, 1837, Sheffield, England. Came to Utah September, 1861.
Married: Mary Ellen McDuff February 24, 1861, at Chesterfield (daughter of John McDuff and Ellen Hancock of England; former pioneer September, 1861, Captain Warren company). She was born April 5, 1840.
- William, Jr., born December 11, 1861, married Harriet Parkin;
- John born February 21, 1864, married Catherine Durbridge, married Rillie Wingar;
- Charles Abraham born May 10, 1866, married Clara Mantle;
- Ada Alice born July 30, 1868, died;
- Ellen born June 3, 1871, married Stephen W. Walker;
- Marrie born May 26, 1873;
- Sarah Jane born December 3, 1875, died;
- Thomas born November 12, 1877, married Charlotte Driggs;
- Franklin Malcolm born September 2, 1879, married Mabel Edgar;
- Catherine born August 16, 1881, married John Aston.
Assistant Sunday school superintendent South Bountiful ward; ward teacher. School trustee. Lime burner and quarryman. Died November 23, 1908, Salt Lake City.
Sources: Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah, page 1223.