Historical records matching Alexander Oskar Holverson
About Alexander Oskar Holverson
- Name: Mr Alexander Oskar Holverson
- Born: Saturday 2nd October 1869
- Age: 42 years
- Last Residence: in New York City New York United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 113789 , £52
- Died in the sinking.
- Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 38)
- Buried: Woodlawn Cemetery New York City New York United States
Boston Daily Globe, 16th April 1912 (Courtesy: Jeffrey Kern, USA)
Mr Alexander Oskar Holverson, 42, was born 2 October 1869 (1).
A resident of New York City, he boarded the Titanic at Southampton, as a first class passenger, with his wife Mary (ticket number 113789, £52).
Mr Holverson died in the sinking, his body was later recovered by the MacKay Bennett (#38).
NO. 38. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE. 45.
CLOTHING - Black overcoat; grey suit; black and grey necktie; blue shirt; green pyjamas with black stripe; underclothes; patent leather shoes; four gold teeth, top left, and five below left.
EFFECTS - Gold watch with black beetle in case; silver card case; fountain pen; trinket case containing five scarf pens, watch chain, gold tie clip, gold mother of pearl cuff links, and studs to match, solitaire diamond ring, one other set cuff links; one unmounted stone; smoked glasses; pocketbook; 12s., 2 keys; knife; two £5 notes; letter of credit for $5000, No. 7710, by Kountze Bros., N. Y.
NAME - A. 0. HOLVERSON.
Chett Peabody & Co., N.Y.
The body was delivered to H. T. Holverson, of Alexandria Minnesota and forwarded to New York on 1 May 1912.
The Titanic disaster was not remembered on the Holverson tombstone at the Woodlawn Cemetery in the Bronx, New York. Mary Holverson simply had her husband's dates inserted above her own on their shared grave:
- Some sources say 2nd October 1867.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Mary Aline Holverson
References and Sources
- Record of Bodies and Effects (#38)
- Boston Daily Globe, 16th April, 1912
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Record of Bodies and Effects: Passengers and Crew, S.S. Titanic (Public Archives of Nova Scotia)
- Jeffrey Kern, USA
- Michael A. Findlay, USA
Alexander Oskar Holverson's Timeline
October 2, 1869
April 15, 1912
At sea - Titanic
Woodlawn Cemetery, Bronx Co, New York