Walter de Hungerford
|Birthplace:||Hungerford, Berkshire, England|
|Death:||Died in Heytesbury, Wiltshire, England|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Walter de Hungerford
About Walter de Hungerford
No hard facts or references found to support the dates given
(Apart from online trees)
1186 (approx.) Walter de Hungerford m Maude de Heytesbury
Same document - On the Hungerford Family Tree – Walter Hungerford (1230-1308? m. Maude de Heytesbury is listed as son of Everard de Hungerford. This cannot be the case – it looks as if a generation has been skipped and that this entry must refer to the grandson of Everard de Hungerford. CJB
- Family Search/IGI (AFN: 9FTD-0F) Member submitted record
- The Gentleman's magazine (London, England), Volume 134
Page 331. Reference to R.C. Hoare’s Hungerfordiana “We hear of an Everard de Hungerford, in 1160, and of a William de Hungerford, Abbot of Waverley, who died in 1276, but I cannot trace the descent of this family for a certainty till the time of Walter de Hungerford who married Maud, daughter of John de Heytesbury; and thereby became settled at Heytesbury, in Wiltshire. Here then I must commence my account of this family, so distinguished in after-times, and so fortunate in its intermarriages with many heiresses”.
Not found in these Sources
Families directly des. from all the royal fams. in Europe (495 to 1932). By Mrs. Eliz. M. Leach Rixford. Burlington, Vt. 1932. (175p.):35 is on order - will consult. CJB
- Families directly des. from all the royal familiess. in Europe (495 to 1932). By Mrs. Eliz. M. Leach Rixford.
- A Genealogical History of the Dormant: Abeyant, Forfeited, and Extinct ... By Sir Bernard Burke
- A General and Heraldic Dictionary of the Peerages of England, Ireland, and Scotland, Extinct, Dormant, and in Abeyance. England (ISBN 10: 114334037X / ISBN 13: 9781143340376) Burke, John
- The Gentleman's Magazine, Volume 93, Part 2 page 331
- The Historic Peerage of England: Exhibiting, Under Alphabetical Arrangement, the Origin, Descent, and Present State of Every Title of Peerage which Has Existed in this Country Since the Conquest ; Being a New Edition of the "Synopsis of the Peerage of England" Sir Nicholas Harris Nicolas› William Courthope
- History of the Dormant, Abeyant, Forfeited, and Extinct Peerages of the British Isles
- The Hungerford Cartulary Wiltshire Record Society
- Hungerford, Wiltshire
- Hungerford Virtual Museum
- Many Mini Biographies.
- The Peerage - A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe
- THE STRIPLING THAMES by Fred S Thacker (1909)
- Visitation of Gloucestershire 1623 - Start page 87. Begins with Walter born about 1230.
- The Visitation of Wiltshire 1623. The earliest references is to Walter de Hungerford born (1378-1449)
- Wiltshire Notes and Queries
- http://www.tudorplace.com.ar/HUNGERFORD.htm#Walter De HUNGERFORD1
Walter de Hungerford's Timeline
Heytesbury, Wiltshire, England