Ernst Gilbert Danbom
|Also Known As:||"From: Stanton - Iowa"|
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 197)|
|Place of Burial:||Stanton, Orange, CA, USA|
|Occupation:||Farmer, Emigrant recruiter|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching Ernst Gilbert Danbom
About Ernst Gilbert Danbom
- Name: Mr Ernst Gilbert Danbom
- Born: Friday 26th October 1877
- Age: 34 years
- Last Residence: in Göteborg Västergötland Sweden
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 347080 , £14 8s
- Destination: Stanton United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 197)
- Buried: Stanton United States
Ernst Gilbert Danbom, 34, was born in America on 26 October 1877, the son of Augusta Danbom. He had five siblings.
Ernst was a farmer and emigrant recruiter from Stanton, Iowa. He was married to Anna on 30 November 1910 and they made a one year honeymoon trip to Sweden, where their son Gilbert was born. Ernst got commission from White Star for emigrants he recruited and he had quite a lot of cash when he left Sweden. It was meant that the family could eventually settle in Ernst's fruit farm in Turlock, California.
The Danbom family boarded the Titanic at Southampton with Alfrida and Anders Andersson and Anna Nysten who was the only survivor. However, every one of them reached the boatdeck where Anna Nysten told that she had seen the Andersson family.
Only Ernst's body was found. On the body was found $276 cash and $30 in gold.
Ernst's body was brought to Halifax and sent to Stanton to be buried.
- White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett" Including Bodies Buried at Sea and Bodies Delivered at Morgue in Halifax, N.S. Public Archives of Nova Scotia, Halifax, N.S., Manuscript Group 100, Vol. 229, No. 3d, Accession 1976-191, 76 pp., unpaged. (#197)
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
- Alan Ruffman, personal communication, 8 May 2002
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden
- Alan Ruffman, Canada
- Leif Snellman, Finland
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Anna Sigrid Maria Danbom
- Master Gilbert Sigvard Emanuel Danbom
Ernst Gilbert Danbom's Timeline
October 26, 1877
November 30, 1910
November 16, 1911
April 15, 1912
TITANIC at sea
Stanton, Orange, CA, USA