About John Maxwell
Too many Free BMD Birth Entries to pin point one only.
- Name: Mr John Maxwell
- Age: 31 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 27 Leighton Road Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Carpenter / Joiner
- Last Ship: Majestic (1890)
- Deck crew
- First Embarked: Belfast
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr John Maxwell, 31, was born in Liverpool
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 6 April 1912, he gave his address as 27 Leighton Road, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Majestic. As carpenter he received monthly wages of £9 10s.
Maxwell died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
- Crew Particulars of Engagement
- Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
- Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381)
Kirkdale Cemetery, Fazakerley, Liverpool, England
IN LOVING MEMORY OF MY DEAR HUSBAND ANDREW MAXWELL, WHO DEPARTED THIS LIFE MARCH 17th 1895 AGED 46 YEARS "NOT LOST BUT GONE BEFORE". ALSO JOHN, ELDEST SON OF THE ABOVE WHO WAS DROWNED THROUGH THE FOUNDERING OF THE SS TITANIC APRIL 14th 1912 AGED 29 YEARS. ALSO AGNES, ELDEST DAUGHTER OF THE ABOVE WHO DIED FEB 19th 1927 AGED 51 YEARS. ALSO ELLEN, WIFE OF THE ABOVE ANDREW MAXWELL WHO DIED AUGUST 19th 1939 AGED 83 YEARS "NOT GOODBYE BUT GOODNIGHT"