About Johan Viktor Bengtsson
- Name: Mr Johan Viktor Bengtsson
- Born: Tuesday 7th July 1885
- Age: 26 years
- Last Residence: in Fridhemsberg Halland Sweden
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 347068 , £7 15s 6d
- Destination: Moune Illinois United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Johan Viktor Bengtsson, 26, was born Jul. 7 1885 in Kråkudden cottage, part of Fjälasjö, Fridhemsberg, Fagered, Halland, Sweden. His parents were crofter Bengt Karl Kaspersson and Anna Katarina Bengtsdotter. Johan was the third of five sons, the oldest Emil and Karl later emigrated to Illinois, USA.
For four years Johan worked in Lia sawmill, 4 km from home, but he also took part in railway construction in Denmark in 1909 or 1910.
He boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger . He was travelling to his brother Emil Bengtsson, 607 5th Ave., Moune, Illinois.
At first the family thought that John had been saved but after a few weeks the final confirmation of his death came from White Star. His body was never found.
Mansion House Fund paid 875:52 Kr (£48) to parents, 1366:50 Kr (£75) damage claims paid to parents 11 July 1914.
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden
- Leif Snellman, Finland