Karl Rudolf Brobeck
|Also Known As:||"Carl"|
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Karl Rudolf Brobeck
About Karl Rudolf Brobeck
From: Norrköping Östergötland Sweden, Broberg, Gauk Brobek
- Name: Mr Karl Rudolf Brobeck
- Born: Thursday 2nd January 1890
- Age: 22 years
- Last Residence: in Norrköping Östergötland Sweden
- Occupation: Farm Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 350045 , £7 15s 11d
- Destination: Worcester Massachusetts United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Karl Rudolf Brobeck, 22, was born 2 January 1890 the son of police officer Karl Edvard & Anna Sofia Brobeck, he had 8 siblings and lived at Tunnbindargatan 22, Norrköping, Östergötland, Sweden
Brobeck boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger . He was travelling to Axel Sandqvist 3 Whipple St. Worcester, Massachusetts. On a previous visit to Worcester he had worked as butler on different hotels. He had later returned to Sweden and worked in Stockholm and Norrköping as a painter and janitor.
Brobeck sent Sandqvist a card from Southampton of 9 April saying he would sail soon, but did not mention the name of the ship. His friends in Worcester were not sure that he had gone with Titanic, but eventually realized that to be the case.
He died in the sinking, his body was never found.
The Mansion House Fund paid 875.52 Kr (£48) to parents, 911 Kr (£50) damage claims was paid to parents 30 July 1914.
In English list he is mentioned as "Gauk Brobek, Denmark" some newspapers called him Broberg.
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden
- Leif Snellman, Finland