Anders Vilhelm Gustafsson
|Also Known As:||"Ruotsinpyhtää/Strömfors Finland"|
|Birthplace:||Svenskby, Strömfors, Finland|
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 98)|
|Place of Burial:||at SEA|
|Managed by:||-geni-NL-gids- Jeannette.|
Matching family tree profiles for Anders Vilhelm Gustafsson
About Anders Vilhelm Gustafsson
- Name: Mr Anders Vilhelm Gustafsson
- Born: Monday 5th April 1875
- Age: 37 years
- Last Residence: in Ruotsinphyhtää Finland
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 3101276 , £7 18s 6d
- Destination: New York City New York United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 98)
- Buried: at Sea on Wednesday 24th April 1912.
Mr Anders Vilhelm Gustafsson, 37, the son of Maria Lovisa Gustafsson he was born on April 5, 1875. Unmarried, he worked as a farmer in Kejtala, Strömfors (Ruotsinpyhtää), near Lovisa, Southern Finland.
Vilhelm had previously visited the USA but had returned to Finland. Now, Vilhelm Gustafsson and his brother Birger were offered construction work in USA by their brother in law, Karl Alfred Backström whom they had known before he married their sister Mathilda.
They traveled from Hangö to Hull on the Polaris and boarded the Titanic at Southampton
Karl, Birger and Vilhelm were lost in the sinking. Vilhelm's body was recovered (#98) and buried at sea. His relatives later received £75 in compensation.
NO. 98 - MALE - ESTIMATED AGE 35 - HAIR, BLACK CLOTHING - Dark suit; grey socks; shirt; "A.W.C." on pants.
EFFECTS - Watch and chain; knife; comb; silver chain; keys; purse containing $21.00 and coins; four bills.
THIRD CLASS TICKET No. 1275 NAME - ANVERS GUSTAFSON
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996) Titanic
- Record of Bodies and Effects: Passengers and Crew SS Titanic (#98)
- Leif Snellman, Finland