About Albert Augustsson
- Name: Mr Albert Augustsson
- Born: Thursday 10th October 1889
- Age: 23 years
- Last Residence: in Krakoryd Småland Sweden
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 347468 , £7 17s 1d
- Destination: Bloomington Indiana United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Albert Augustsson, 23, was born 10 October 1889 the son of Crofter August and Johanna Petterson from Kråkeryd, Hallaryd, Småland, Sweden. He had four siblings.
Albert Augustsson was not married. He had worked as a smith's assistant for three years in Kråkeryd. He was travelling to Bloomington, Illinois.
Travelling from Sweden via Denmark he bought his ticket for the Titanic in Copenhagen. He boarded at Southampton as a third class passenger with his travelling companions Paul Andreasson, Nils Johansson, Carl Jonsson and Olga Lundin. He had some 500 Kr in cash with him.
Augustsson died in the sinking, his body, if recovered, was never identified.
The Mansion House Fund paid 875:52 Kr (£48) to the parents, 1908 Kr (£100) damage claims were paid to parents 2 December 1914. The high damage claims paid seem to indicate that the parents were poor.
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
- Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden
- Leif Snellman, Finland