About Mary Canavan
- Name: Miss Mary Canavan
- Age: 22 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: in Tonacrick Ireland
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Queenstown on Thursday 11th April 1912
- Ticket No. 364846 , £7 15s
- Destination: New York City New York United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mary Canavan, 21, of Tonacrick, Co Mayo, was the daughter of James Canavan and Ann Flynn. Her first-cousin was fellow passenger Patrick Canavan (1). She boarded the Titanic at Queenstown as a third class passenger (ticket number 364846, £7 15s), travelling in a group of (see Katherine McGowan) with her cousin Patrick. Her destination is thought to have been New York City.
Mary Canavan lost her life in the disaster. Her body, if recovered, was never identified.
1. She is often mistaken as the sister of Patrick Canavan.
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55).
- Noel Ray (1999) List of Passengers who Boarded RMS Titanic at Queenstown, April 11, 1912. The Irish Titanic Historical Society