Daniel Danielsen Grønnestad
|Birthplace:||Bokn, Stavanger, Norway|
|Death:||Died in At Sea - Titanic Casualty|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Daniel Danielsen Grønnestad
About Daniel Danielsen Grønnestad
- Name: Mr Daniel Danielsen Grønnestad
- Born: Friday 8th August 1879
- Age: 32 years
- Last Residence: in Bokn Norway
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 8471 , £8 6s 15d
- Destination: Portland Oregon United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Daniel Danielsen Grønnestad, 32, was born on August 8, 1879 in Bokn, Stavanger, Norway, one of five children born to Daniel Grønnestad and Helene Holgersdatter Grønnestad, both farmers.
Daniel Grønnestad worked as a musician and verger in the local Bokn Church. Around 1900 Daniel emigrated to America with his brother Bertil. They often visited their family in Bokn and in 1912 were on their sixteenth visit. Both were to return to America aboard the Titanic, but Bertil had a premonition and pulled out. Daniel, on the other hand, wasn't put off and boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg as a third class passenger (ticket number 8471, £8, 6s, 15d). He shared a cabin with Bernt Johannessen, Ingvald and Konrad Hagland.
Mr Grønnestad died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Marriages, births, deaths and injuries that have occurred on board during the voyage (PRO London, BT 100/259-260)
- Per Kristian Sebak, Norway
Daniel Danielsen Grønnestad's Timeline
August 8, 1879
April 15, 1912
At Sea - Titanic Casualty