About Lyyli Karolina Silvén
Miss Lyyli Karoliina Silvén
- Born: Monday 11th June 1894
- Age: 17 years
- Last Residence: in Tornio Finland
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 250652 , £13
- Destination: Minneapolis Minnesota United States
- Rescued (boat 16)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Tuesday 5th February 1974
Miss Lyyli Karoliina Silvén, 18, a single woman from from Tornio, Northern Finland, (near the Swedish border) was immigrating to Minneapolis, MN with the help of her Finnish-American friends (? her foster/adopted parents) Anna and Rev William Lahtinen.
They boarded the Titanic at Southampton as second class passengers, Lyyli sharing a cabin with Anna Siukkonen.
As the Titanic sank Lyyli saw the Lahtinens standing on the boat deck while the boats were launched, according to Lyyli, she entered the last boat (probably lifeboat 16), but her friends both died.
Upon her arrival in New York Lyyli and Anna Siukkonen were quartered in an Jewish "Welcome Home" on 225 East 13th St.