|Also Known As:||"From: Gurnogmik Bulgaria"|
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Place of Burial:||Atlantic Ocean|
Husband of Sona Marinova
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Marin Markoff
About Marin Markoff
- Name: Mr Marin Markoff
- Age: 35 years
- Last Residence: in Gurnogmik Bulgaria
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 349213 , £7 17s 11d
- Destination: Chicago Illinois United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Marin Markoff, 35, a potter from Gumostnik (Gumoshtnik), Lovec (Lovech), Bulgaria, boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger. He was accompanied by fellow inhabitants of his home village: Lailio Jonkoff, Peju Colcheff, Lazar Minkoff, Stoytcho Mionoff, Penko Naidenoff, Nedialco Petroff and Ilia Stoytcheff. To reach his destination Chicago, Illinois, Mr Markoff bought ticket number 349213 for £7 17s 11d.
Markoff died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified. At the cemetery of Gumoshtnik a stone was erected to commemorate the men.
- Harro Hess, Manfred Hessel (1999), Titanic, Das Handbuch, Herbig München
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Marriages, births, deaths and injuries that have occurred on board during the voyage (PRO London, BT 100/259-260)
- Hermann Söldner, Germany