About Eiriik, Erik Jussila
- Name: Mr Eiriik Jussila
- Born: Friday 2nd April 1880
- Age: 32 years
- Last Residence: in Helsinki Finland
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 3101286 , £7 18s 6d
- Destination: Monessen Pennsylvania United States
- Rescued (boat 15)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Wednesday 5th January 1944
Mr Erik Jussila, 32, was originally from Elimäki (near Kouvola), Southern Finland. He was traveling from Helsinki to Monessen, Pennsylvania and boarded the Titanic at Southampton.
Erik Jussila had been living in USA for more than 8 years in Minnesota and Michigan and had visited Finland where he got married.
Erik was awakened by the collision but did not go up at once. He rose only after his mate Johan Niskanen entered his cabin and warned him. Erik would later claim that before the boat was about to go under he had jumped into the water with his life belt on and swam towards the nearest boat. When he tried to get on the boat the crew man pointed a pistol at him and told him that if he had wanted to get on the boat he would have to give his life belt to one of the women passengers and then take up postion at an oar. However, there is probably some dramatic licence in this account. It is most likely that he boarded one of the starboard boats, probably lifeboat 15.
After his arrival in New York he stayed for a while at St. Vincent's Hospital.