Ernst Herbert Björklund
|Death:||Died in Titanic|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Matching family tree profiles for Ernst Herbert Björklund
About Ernst Herbert Björklund
- Name: Mr Ernst Herbert Björklund
- Born: Thursday 1st March 1894
- Age: 18 years
- Last Residence: in Stockholm Uppland Sweden
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 347090 , £7 15s
- Destination: New York City New York United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Ernst Herbert Björklund, 18, was born 1 March 1894 the son of former NCO Carl Johan Björklund and Erika Kristina Johansdotter from Grefgatan 62, Stockholm, Sweden.
Ernst Björklund was on his way from Stockholm to relatives in New York, they had promised to arrange work for him. He boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger . He died in the sinking, his body was never found.
The Mansion House Fund paid 875.52 Kr (£48) to parents, 911 Kr (£50) damage claims paid to parents 29 June 1914.
References Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklets and Minute Books Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
Acknowledgements Claes-Göran Wetterholm, Sweden
Contributors Leif Snellman, Finland