About Karl Gideon Gustafsson
- Name: Mr Karl Gideon Gustafsson
- Born: Monday 10th April 1893
- Age: 19 years
- Last Residence: in Myren Sweden
- Occupation: General Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 347069 , £7 15s 6d
- Destination: New York City New York United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Karl Gideon Gustafsson, 19, was born 10 April 1893 the son of Stina Greta Johansson (née Andersdotter). He came from Myren, Synnerby, Västergötland, Sweden and lived with his mother.
He was, according to the White Star line, traveling from Myren to his sister Evelina Johnson 16 East 64th St., New York. According to info from the Gothenburg police he was on his way to Aberdeen South Dakota. He boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger , and died in the sinking, his body was never found.
The Mansion House Fund paid 1057.92 Kr (£58) to the mother, 1366.50 Kr (£75) damage claims were paid to the mother 6 June 1914. The high relief payments show that the mother was dependent on his earnings.
References Claes-Göran Wetterholm (1988, 1996, 1999) Titanic. Prisma, Stockholm. ISBN 91 518 3644 0
Acknowledgements Leif Snellman, Finland