About Jessie Wills Anderson
- Name: Miss Jessie Wills Leitch
- Born: 1881
- Age: 31 years
- Last Residence: at 3, Claud Villa, Denmark Hill London London England
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 248727 , £33
- Destination: Chicago Illinois United States
- Rescued (boat 11)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Wednesday 6th February 1963
Miss Jessie Wills Leitch was born c. 1880 1.
Miss Leitch boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a second class passenger together with Revd. John Harper and her neice Miss Nina Harper from their native London (ticket no.248727, £33). Reverend Harper went down with the Titanic, but his daughter and Miss Leitch survived in lifeboat 11.
Miss Leitch later married to Alexander Anderson of Kerry, Powys, Wales.
Mrs Anderson was widowed in 1928. She died on 6 February 1963 at Dol-llys near Llanidloes, Powys, Wales.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket) Rev. John Harper Miss Annie Jessie Harper Notes 1. She is listed as aged 28 in the passenger list, in the "List or Manifest..." as 29, in her obituary as 82 in February 1963.
References and Sources
- The County Times (Welshpool), 16 February 1963, Funeral of Titanic Survivor
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Names and Descriptions of British Passengers Embarked at the Port of Southampton, 10 April 1912 (PRO London, BT 27/780B)
- List or Manifest of Alien Passengers for the United States Immigration Officer At Port Of Arrival (Date: 18th-19th June 1912, Ship: Carpathia) - National Archives, NWCTB 85 T715 Vol 4183