Alfred Edgar Windebank
|Birthplace:||Southampton, Hampshire, England|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching Alfred Edgar Windebank
About Alfred Edgar Windebank
England & Wales, Marriage Index: 1916-2005
- Name: Elisabeth Faulkner
- Spouse Surname: Windebank
- Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1919
- Registration district: Southampton
- Inferred County: Hampshire
- Volume Number: 2c
- Page Number: 55
- Name: Mr Alfred Edgar Windebank
- Born: Friday 18th July 1873
- Age: 38 years
- Last Residence: at 8 Wyndham Place Shirley Hampshire England
- Occupation: Cook
- Last Ship: Oceanic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Friday 3rd February 1961
Mr Alfred Edgar Windebank, was born in Southampton (?Arlesford), Hampshire on 18th July 1873, the son of Charles Windebank (cab driver) and his wife Georgina. At the 1881 census Alfred was living at 47 Bevois Place, Southampton St Mary, Hampshire with his parents and siblings: Robert, Sidney, Sarah Louisa and Emily.
Alfred Windebank was taken on as a substitue when one of the assistant cooks failed to join the Titanic.
When he signed-on to the Titanic on board ship on 10 April 1912, he gave his address as 8 Wyndham Place, (Southampton). He had transferred from the Oceanic. As an assistant cook Windebank received monthly wages of £4 10s.
Windebank was rescued, probably in lifeboat 13.
He is sometimes listed as a sauce cook but on the articles of agreement he is listed as an assistant cook.
References and Sources
- British Census 1881
- Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
- Brian Ticehurst, UK
Alfred Edgar Windebank's Timeline
July 18, 1873
Southampton, Hampshire, England
February 3, 1961