Edward Pennington's Top Matches
About Edward Pennington Calderhead
- Name: Mr Edward Pennington Calderhead
- Born: Friday 4th June 1869
- Age: 42 years
- Last Residence: in New York City New York United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 17476 , £26 5s 9d
- Cabin No.: E24
- Rescued (boat 5)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Wednesday 5th April 1961
- Cause of Death: Pulmonary Oedema (Dropsy)
- Buried: Forest Lawn Memorial Park Glendale California United States
Mr Edward Pennington Calderhead was born in Pennsylvania on 4 June 1869, the son of Edward Calderhead and Josephine Conrad.
A resident, in 1912, of New York City, Calderhead was the buyer of the 'toys department' at Gimbels and Bros. He boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a first class passenger (ticket number PC 17476, £26 5s 9d). He shared cabin E-24 with Spencer Victor Silverthorne.
Calderhead was rescued in lifeboat 5.
Calderhead worked as an engraver before retiring to Los Angeles, California (from New York). He died there on 5th April 1961.
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Michael A, Findlay, USA
- Phillip Gowan, USA
- Charles Provost, Canada