Annie Moore Moynahan (Ward)
|Place of Burial:||West Laurel Hill Cemetery (Montgomery Section), Bala Cynwyd (Lower Merion Township, Montgomery County)|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching Annie Moore Moynahan
About Annie Moore Moynahan
- Name: Miss Annie Moore Ward
- Born: Thursday 8th January 1874
- Age: 38 years
- Occupation: Personal Maid to Mrs Charlotte Wardle Cardeza
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 17755 , £512 6s 7d
- Rescued (boat 3)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Sunday 25th December 1955
Miss Anna Ward, 35, was born 1 August 1876. She came to America from Scotland with her mother, brother and sister. They lived in Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, PA. She worked as personal maid and companion to Mrs Charlotte Cardeza. They boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg.
After the collision and crew were starting to load boats Anna was in her nightgown. She put a fur coat on top of her gown and then took some things that were on a table or nightstand or maybe both. She placed these things in the pockets of her fur coat. When she offered the things that she had taken, to Mrs Cardeza, Mrs Cardeza said that Anna could keep them.
Anna was rescued in lifeboat 3.
Anna continued working for Mrs Cardeza until Mrs Cardeza'a death in 1939. In the 1930s other members of her family also worked for her. Family members recall Annie as being a bit eccentric but also a very interesting woman. When Anna died, in the 1950s, she left some jewelry and salt and pepper shakers from the Titanic to her family.
She died on 25 Decemer 1955.
She was recorded as aged 40 by the Immigration Officer (List or Manifest...).
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Charlotte Wardle Cardeza
- Mr Thomas Drake Martinez Cardeza
- Mr Gustave J. Lesueur
- References and Sources
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- List or Manifest of Alien Passengers for the United States Immigration Officer At Port of Arrival (Date: 18th-19th June 1912, Ship: Carpathia) - National Archives, NWCTB-85-T715-Vol. 4183.
- Judith Geller (1998) Titanic: Women and Children First. Haynes. ISBN 1 85260 594 4
- Janet A. Kunz, USA (Grandaughter of Anna Ward's brother Mr James Moore Ward)
- Hermann Söldner, Germany