Amy Frances Christy Jacobsohn (Cohen)
|Birthplace:||Lewisham, London, England|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Amy Frances Christy Jacobsohn
- Name: Mrs Amy Frances Christy Jacobsohn (née Cohen)
- Born: Sunday 8th April 1888
- Age: 24 years
- Last Residence: in London London England
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 243847 , £27
- Destination: Montreal Québéc Canada
- Rescued (boat 12)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Wednesday 9th July 1947
Mrs Sidney Samuel Jacobsohn (Amy Frances Cohen), 24, from 7 Pembridge Square, London and also born in London, England, boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a second class passenger together with her husband Sidney Samuel Jacobsohn. To reach their destination Montreal, Canada, they bought ticket number 243847 for £27. They were accompanied by Mrs Christy and her daughter Julie, who were also on their way to Canada.
Mrs Jacobsohn survived the sinking. She was rescued by the Carpathia in lifeboat 12.
On the Carpathia she sent a telegram to her husband's parents:
18 April, 6.5 am Jacobsohn 34 Anson Road Cricklewood London Dont be alarmed Sydney may be on another boat Jacobsohn
Together with the Christys, she returned to England on board of the Megantic on 11 May 1912.
She was also listed as Amy Frances Christy, that suggests she may have been another daughter of Mrs Christy.
- Michael Findlay (1998) Revised Passenger List in Judith Geller Titanic: Women and Children First. Haynes. ISBN 1 85260 594 4
- John Booth & Sean Coughlan (1993) Titanic Signals of Disaster. White Star Publicatons, Westbury, Wiltshire. ISBN 0 9518190 1 1
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- List or Manifest of Alien Passengers for the United States Immigration Officer At Port Of Arrival (Date: 18th-19th June 1912, Ship: Carpathia) - National Archives, NWCTB 85 T715 Vol 4183
- United States Senate (62nd Congress), Subcommittee Hearings of the Committee on Commerce, Titanic Disaster, Washington 1912.
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr Sidney Samuel Jacobsohn
- Mrs Alice Frances Christy
- Miss Rachel Julie Cohen Christy
Amy Frances Christy Jacobsohn's Timeline
April 8, 1888
April 26, 1891
September 6, 1910
July 9, 1947