About Alfred Crawford
- Name: Mr Alfred Crawford
- Born in London London England
- Age: 36 years
- Last Residence: at 22 Cranbury Avenue Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Bed Room Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Rescued (boat 8)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
Mr Alfred Crawford, 36 , was born in London.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 22 Cranbury Avenue, (Southampton). His previous ship was the Olympic. As a Bedroom Steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Cawford was rescued in lifeboat 8. He later testified before the United States Senate inquiry.
Notes 1.When he signed-on he gave his age as 36, he told the Senate Inquiry he was 41.
References and Sources United States Senate (62nd Congress), Subcommittee Hearings of the Committee on Commerce, Titanic Disaster, Washington 1912 Wreck Commissioners' Court, Proceedings before the Right Hon. Lord Mersey on a Formal Investigation Ordered by the Board of Trade into the Loss of the S.S. Titanic