|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 218)|
About Herbert Cave
- Name: Mr Herbert Cave
- Born in London London England
- Age: 34 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 17 Shirley Park Road Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Saloon Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 218)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Wednesday 8th May 1912.
Mr Herbert Cave of Shirley Park Rd, Croydon died in the sinking, his body was recovered (#218) and he is buried at Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, N.S.
© Bob Knuckle, Canada
When his body was recovered a partial listing of first class cabin accommodation was found in his clothes, it is the only known record of cabin allocations.
References and Sources White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett" Including Bodies Buried at Sea and Bodies Delivered at Morgue in Halifax, N.S.
Related Articles and Documents
THE CAVE LIST Titanic Research (2004) A THOROUGH ANALYSIS OF THE “CAVE LIST” Titanic Research (2005) IDENTIFYING STEWARDS