About Alfred Arnold Deeble
- Name: Mr Alfred Arnold Deeble
- Born in London London England
- Age: 29 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: at 81 Atherley Road Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Saloon Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 270)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Friday 3rd May 1912.
© Bob Knuckle, Canada
Mr Alfred Arnold Deeble, 29, was born in London. When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4 April 1912 he gave his local address as 81 Atherley Road (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As a first class saloon steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Deeble died in the sinking, his body was later recovered by the Mackay-Bennett. He was buried at Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, Nova Scotia on 3 May 1912.
NO. 270. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 23. - HAIR, BROWN.
CLOTHING - Black pants; white coat with buttons; green rain coat; no shirt.
EFFECTS - Gold watch; gold ring marked "A. D."; one bunch keys; shirt marked "Deoble."
References and Sources White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett" Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
Credits Geoff Whitfield, UK