Percival Stainer Deslands
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 212)|
|Place of Burial:||Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, Halifax County, NS, Canada|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Percival Stainer Deslands
- Name: Mr Percival Stainer Deslands
- Born in London London England
- Age: 36 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 45 Portswood Road Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Saloon Steward
- Last Ship: St. Louis
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 212)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Monday 6th May 1912.
© Bob Knuckle, Canada
Mr Percival Stainer Deslands, 30, was born in London.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 45 Portswood Road (Southampton). His last ship had been the St Louis . As a first class saloon steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Deslands died in the sinking. His body was later recovered by the Mackay-Bennett (#212). He was buried at Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, Nova Scotia on 6 May 1912.
NO. 212. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 38. DARK - HAIR.
CLOTHING - Steward's uniform; 1st class.
EFFECTS - Knife; corkscrews; empty purse.
FIRST SALOON STEWARD NO. 73.
NAME - PERCY DESLANDS, 405 Portswood Rd., Southampton.
References and Sources White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett" Including Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)