About William George Dashwood
- Name: Mr William George Dashwood
- Age: 19 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: in Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Saloon Steward Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 83)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Monday 6th May 1912.
© Bill Fowler, Canada
Mr William George Dashwood, 18, was born in Camberwell, London in early 1894.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4th April, 1912 he gave his age as 19 and his address as the Sailors' Home, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Adriatic. As a Steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Dashwood died in the sinking, his body, was recovered by the Mackay-Bennett (#83) and was buried at Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, Nova Scotia, on 6th May, 1912.
N0. 83. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 18. - HAIR, BROWN.
CLOTHING - Dark suit; steward's waistcoat with buttons, and white coat.
NO MARKS ON BODY OR CLOTHING.
EFFECTS - Empty purse; road map; bank book; pawn tickets; army book; letter to Will Dashwood from mother; C. Dashwood. 31 Pallatt Rd., E. Dulwich.
NAME - WILL DASHWOOD.
References and Sources Crew Particulars of Engagement Record of Bodies and Effects: Passengers and Crew, S.S. Titanic (#83)
Credits Peter Engberg-Klarström, Sweden