Edward Martin Hendy
|Death:||Died in TITANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Place of Burial:||Atlantic Ocean|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Edward Martin Hendy
- Name: Mr Edward Martin Hendy
- Born in Hampshire England
- Age: 38 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 21 Paynes Road Southampton Hampshire England - Map
- Occupation: Saloon Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Mr Edward Martin Hendy, 38, was born in Hampshire.
He initially signed-on to the Titanic in Belfast for her delivery trip to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 21 Paynes Road, (Southampton). As a first class steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s. His last ship had been the Olympic.
Hendy died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381)