About Alfred King
- Name: Mr Alfred King
- Born: 1893
- Age: 18 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: in Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Lift Steward Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Died in the sinking. Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 238)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Wednesday 8th May 1912.
Mr Alfred King, 18, was born in Gateshead-on-Tyne.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4 April 1912, he gave his local address as 9 Dyer Rd. (Southampton). The Titanic was his first ship. As a first class lift attendant he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
© Bob Knuckle, Canada
Kind died in the sinking. His body was recovered by the Mackay-Bennett (#238) and he was buried at Fairview Lawn Cemetery, Halifax, Nova Scotia on 8 May 1912.
NO. 238. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 19. - HAIR, BROWN.
CLOTHING - Blue suit; Steward's jacket, marked "Alfred King."
EFFECTS - Silver watch; pipe; 6s. 6d. in purse.
NAME-ALFRED KING. 132 Mile St., Gateshead-On-Tyne.
References and Sources White Star Line (1912.) Record of Bodies and Effects (Passengers and Crew S.S. "Titanic") Recovered by Cable Steamer "MacKay Bennett" Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
Credits Bob Knuckle, Canada