About William Lake
- Name: Mr William Lake
- Born in Putney London England
- Age: 35 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: at The Florence Hotel Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Saloon Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Mr William Lake, 35, was born in Putney, Surrey.
He initially signed-on to the Titanic in Belfast for her delivery trip to Southampton. When he signed-on again, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as the Florence Hotel, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As a saloon steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Lake died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381)