|Birthplace:||Birkenhead, Merseyside, UK|
|Death:||Died in TiTANIC at sea|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
About William Ernest McMurray
- Name: Mr William Ernest McMurray
- Born in Birkenhead Merseyside England
- Age: 43 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 60 Empress Terrace Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Bed Room Steward
- Last Ship: Celtic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
William Ernest McMurray Mr William Ernest McMurray, 43, was born in Birkenhead (near Liverpool).
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 60 Empress Terrace, (Liverpool). His last ship had been the Celtic. As a bedroom steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
McMurray, who was married, died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
His son was aboard the Laconia when she was torpedoed in 1942.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381)
Credits Alan McMurray, UK
Related Articles and Documents
WILLIAM ERNEST MCMURRAY