About James Ransom
- Name: Mr James Ransom
- Born in Hampshire England
- Age: 33 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at Knowle Bristol Avon England
- Occupation: Saloon Steward
- Last Ship: Oceanic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Mr James Ransom , 33, was born in Hampshire.
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as Knowle, Bristol. As a first class saloon steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s. His last ship had been the Oceanic.
Ransom died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
Notes 1. Sometimes listed as "Ranson".
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381)