About W. Swan
- Name: Mr W. Swan
- Born in Liverpool Merseyside England
- Age: 46 years
- Marital Status: Married.
- Last Residence: at 174 Shirley Road Southampton Hampshire England - Map
- Occupation: Bed Room Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Mr W. Swan , 45 or 46, was born in Belfast .
He initially signed-on to the Titanic in Belfast on 1 April 1912, and again on 4 April. He gave his address as 174 Shirley Rd., (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As a first class steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Swan died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
Notes 1. Sometimes listed as "Swann" or "Gwann". 2. When he signed on in Belfast he gave his birthplace as Liverpool.
References and Sources Particulars of Engagement, Public Record Office (BT100/259) Record of Bodies and Effects: Passengers and Crew, S.S. Titanic (#330) Belfast Telegraph Commemorative Supplement, Wednesday, 15 April 1912. Stephen Cameron (1998) Titanic: Belfast's Own. Dublin, Wolfhound Press. ISBN 0 86327 685 7