About J. Symonds
- Name: Mr J. Symonds
- Born in Diss Norfolk England
- Age: 38 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: at 1 Church Street Southampton Hampshire England - Map
- Occupation: Saloon Steward
- Last Ship: Oceanic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Mr J. Symonds, 30, was born in Diss, Norfolk.
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 1 Church Street, (Southampton). As a first class saloon steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s. His last ship had been the Oceanic.
Symonds died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381)