About Montague Donald Thaler
- Name: Mr Montague Donald Thaler
- Born: Wednesday 3rd October 1894 in Ryde Isle of Wight England
- Age: 17 years 6 months and 12 days.
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: in Croydon London England
- Occupation: Steward Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Mr Montague Donald Thaler was born 3rd October, 1894 in Ryde, Isle of Wight (baptsied 12 September 1896 in Wherwell, Hampshire) the son of Andreas Thaler (from Bavaria, Germany) and Selina Ashmore (from Holywell, Huntingdonshire).
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 19 Station Road, W. Croydon, (London). The Titanic was his first ship. As a third class steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Thayler died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
Credits Andy Perkins, UK
Related Articles and Documents
(1912) MONTAGUE DONALD THALER