Benjamin James Thomas
|Death:||(Date and location unknown)|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Benjamin James Thomas
- Name: Mr Benjamin James Thomas
- Born in London London England
- Age: 32 years
- Last Residence: at 22 Avenue Road Southampton Hampshire England - Map
- Occupation: Saloon Steward
- Last Ship: Olympic
- Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Belfast on Monday 1st April 1912
- Rescued (boat 15)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
Mr Benjamin James Thomas, 32, was born in London .
He was on board the Titanic for her delivery trip from Belfast to Southampton. When he signed-on again, in Southampton, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 22 Avenue Road, (Southampton). As a first class saloon steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s. His last ship had been the Olympic.
Thomas was rescued in lifeboat 15.
Notes 1. When he signed on in Belfast he gave his birthplace as London, in Southampton he gave it as Wrexham (?).
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259) Particulars of Engagement (Belfast), Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (TRANS 2A/45 381)