About Bernard Cuthbert Taylor
- Name: Mr Bernard Cuthbert Taylor
- Born: 1889
- Age: 22 years
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: in Southampton Hampshire England
- Occupation: Steward Victualling crew
- First Embarked: Southampton
- Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered
Brass plaque in Arundel Cathedral, Sussex. Mr Bernard Cuthbert Taylor, 22, was born in Arundel Sussex, the son of Henry Walmsley Taylor and Mary Taylor 1,2.
When he signed-on to the Titanic, on 4 April 1912, he gave his address as 5 Oxford Street, (Southampton). His last ship had been the Olympic. As a third class steward he received monthly wages of £3 15s.
Tatylor died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
His death is commemorated with a brass plaque in Arundel Pro Cathedral, Sussex.
1. Mary Budd was born in Boxgrove, Sussex in 1856 and died in 1933). Henry Walmsley Taylor was born in Sedgley, Staffordshire in 1845 and died in 1929. They married on 6 July 1874 and had ten children.
2. His mother was a member of the Budd family. The Budds are shown in a Stubbs painting in Goodwood House, holding the horses for the Duke of Richmond.
References and Sources Agreement and Account of Crew (PRO London, BT100/259)
Related Articles and Documents
BRASS PLAQUE IN ARUNDEL CATHEDRAL, SUSSEX.