About Victor Gaetan Andrea Giglio
- Name: Mr Victor Giglio
- Born: 17th June 1888
- Age: 23 years
- Occupation: Servant to Mr Benjamin Guggenheim
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 17593 , £79 4s
- Cabin No.: B86
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Victor Gaeton A. Giglio was born in Toxteth Park, Liverpool, England in 1888/89. He was probably of Italian extraction .
Giglio was valet to Mr Benjamin Guggenheim they embarked the Titanic at Cherbourg (ticket number17593). Mr Guggenheim and Mr Giglio occupied cabin B-84. Mr Guggenheim's French chauffeur Mr Rene Pernot travelled second class.
Shortly before the Titanic went down Giglio returned to his room and changed into his finest evening wear, his master, Mr Guggenheim did likewise.
Mr Giglio, Mr Pernot and Mr Guggenheim were all lost in the sinking.
1. The Guggenheim family believed he was an Egyptian.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mr Benjamin Guggenheim
References and Sources
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- List or Manifest of Alien Passengers for the United States Immigration Officer At Port Of Arrival (Date: 18th-19th June 1912, Ship: Carpathia) - National Archives, NWCTB 85 T715 Vol 4183
- Jay Henry Mowbray (ed.) (1998) Sinking of the Titanic, Eyewitness Accounts. Dover Publications, Mineaola, N.Y. ISBN 0 486 40298 3
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
- Geoff Whitfield,UK