About Edwin Nelson Kimball, Jr.
- Name: Mr Edwin Nelson Jr. Kimball
- Born: Wednesday 9th March 1870
- Age: 42 years
- Last Residence: in Boston Massachusetts United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 11753 , £52 11s 1d
- Cabin No.: D19
- Rescued (boat 5)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Wednesday 6th April 1927
- Cause of Death: Lung Abscess
- Buried: Newton Cemetery Newton Massachusetts United States
Mr Edwin Nelson Kimball jr, 42, was born in Atlanta, Georgia on 9 March 1870. He was the son of Edwin Kimball and Emma Cook.
Mr Kimball, from Boston, Massachusetts boarded the Titanic at Southampton with his wife Gertrude. Travelling as first class passengers (ticket number 11753, £52 11s 1d), they occupied cabin D-19.
The couple were rescued in lifeboat 5 with their friends Richard and Sallie Beckwith, Karl Behr and Helen Newsom.
Mr Edwin Nelson Kimball was the president of the Hallet, Davis Piano Company in Boston, Massachusetts.
After the sinking, Mr Kimball continued to make his home just outside of the Boston area.
He died in Newton Massachusetts on 6 April 1927 and was buried at Newton Cemetery, West Newton, Massachusetts.
Travelling Companions (on same ticket)
- Mrs Gertrude Kimball
References and Sources
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Standard Certificate of Death
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Phillip Gowan, USA
- Michael A. Findlay, USA