|Birthplace:||Aneta, Iowa, USA|
|Death:||Died in At Sea - Titanic Casualty|
|Cause of death:||Died in the sinking. Body Not Recovered|
|Occupation:||vice president of the Pacific Creosotin Company|
|Managed by:||June Barnes|
About Hugh Roscoe Rood
- Name: Mr Hugh Roscoe Rood
- Born: Wednesday 23rd April 1873
- Age: 38 years
- Last Residence: in Seattle Washington United States
- 1st Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 113767 , £50
- Cabin No.: A32
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Hugh Roscoe Rood was born on 23rg April 1873.
Rood and his wife made their home in Seattle, where he was vice president of the Pacific Creosotin Company.
They were in Paris when Mr Rood booked a single passage on the Titanic for a business trip to Nw York. Mrs Rood and her maid were to follow on another vessel. Rood boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a first class passenger (ticket number 113767, £50), he occupied cabin A-32.
He died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
After the disaster, Mrs Rood tried in vain to find any survivors who recalled seeing her husband on board the Titanic.
References and Sources
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Hermann Söldner (ed.) (2000) RMS Titanic: Passenger and Crew List 10 April 1912-15 April 1912. ä wie Ärger Verlag.