About Camiel Wittevrongel
Name: Mr Camilius Aloysius Wittevrongel
- Born: Friday 17th December 1875
- Age: 36 years 1 months and 29 days.
- Marital Status: Single.
- Last Residence: in Westrozebeke Belgium
- Occupation: Farmer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 345771 , £9 10s
- Destination: Detroit Michigan United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Mr Camilius Aloysius Wittevrongel1, 36, was born on 17th December, 1875 the son of Joannes Wittevronge and Rosaline Deleu. He came from Westrozebeke, Belgium and was unmarried.
He boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger (ticket number 345771, £9 10s). He was going to Detroit, Michigan and travelled with Nestor Cyriel Vandewalle and Leo Hampe, also of Westrozebeke.
Camilius died in the sinking. His body, if recovered, was never identified.
1. Also listed as "Camille" or "Camile".
References and Sources
- Michael Findlay Revised Passenger List in Judith Geller Titanic: Women and Children First. Haynes. ISBN 1 85260 594 4
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Herman DeWulf, Belgium
- Michael A. Findlay, USA
- Georges Picavet, Belgium
- Kassandra Picavet, Belgium
- Jo Vandewall, USA
- Marina Wittevrongel, Belgium