About Mapriededer Zakarian
Mr Mapriededer Zakarian
- Age: 22 years
- Last Residence: in Kigi Turkey
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 2656 , £7 4s 6d
- Destination: Brantford Ontario Canada
- Died in the sinking.
- Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 304)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Friday 10th May 1912.
Mr Mapriededer Zakarian, from what was in 1912 Turkish occupied Armenia, was a Christian, and after Turkish Muslims renewed an ongoing vendetta against Christians, Zakarian and several of his compatriots, Neshan Krekorian, Orsen Sirayanian, Ortin Zakarian and David Vartunian decided to flee the country and emigrate to Canada.
Zakarian boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg as a third class passenger.
He lost his life in the sinking. His body was recovered (#304), and buried at Fairview Cemetery, Halifax on 10 May 1912.
NO. 304. - MALE. - ESTIMATED AGE, 26. DARK - HAIR AND SLIGHT MUSTACHE.
CLOTHING - Blue suit; striped shirt; brown pants; three shirts.
EFFECTS - 80 francs in gold; $12.50 in gold in purse; empty purse.
THIRD CLASS TICKET.
NAME - MAURI DER ZACANIAN.
Notes Sometimes listed as "Mapreder Zakarian".
References Record of Bodies and Effects: Passengers and Crew, S.S. Titanic (Public Archives of Nova Scotia) (#304)
Acknowledgements Alan Hustak, Canada Hermann Söldner, Germany