About Arthur Gordon McCrae
Mr Arthur Gordon McCrae
- Born: Wednesday 7th January 1880
- Age: 32 years
- Last Residence: in Sydney New South Wales Australia
- Occupation: Engineer
- 2nd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 237216 , £13 10s
- Died in the sinking.
- Body recovered by: Mackay-Bennett (No. 209)
- Buried: Fairview Lawn Cemetery Halifax Nova Scotia Canada on Saturday 11th May 1912
Mr Arthur Gordon McCrae, 32, was born in Adelaide on 7 January 1880. Arthur's grandmother was Georgiana Huntly McCrae (1804-1890) the (illegitimate) daughter of George, 5th Duke of Gordon and Jane Graham. Georgiana migrated to Australia with her husband Andrew (1800-1874). They had nine children, the fourth was Farquhar Peregrine R. McCrae, Arthur's father
Arthur was the youngest son of Farquhar Peregrine Gordon McCrae (1838-1915), a former inspector of the Bank of Australasia, Sydney, Australia, and Emily Aphrasia Brown.