Elias ("Louis Garrett") Nicola-Yarred
|Cause of death:||Heart Failure|
|Place of Burial:||Evergreen Cemetery Jacksonville Florida, USA|
|Managed by:||Private User|
About Elias ("Louis Garrett") Nicola-Yarred
Master Elias ("Louis Garrett") Nicola-Yarred
- Born: Monday 16th April 1900
- Age: 11 years
- Last Residence: in Al Hakur Lebanon
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Cherbourg on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 2651 , £11 4s 10d
- Destination: Jacksonville Florida United States
- Rescued (boat C)
- Disembarked Carpathia: New York City on Thursday 18th April 1912
- Died: Saturday 30th May 1981
- Cause of Death: Heart Failure / Disease
- Buried: Evergreen Cemetery Jacksonville Florida United States
Master Elias Nicola-Yarred, 12, from Hakoor, Lebanon was travelling with his sister Jamila to Jacksonville, Florida to meet their father. Part of the family already lived in the United States while some of the siblings remained in Lebanon.
They boarded the Titanic at Cherbourg as third class passengers and were rescued in (probably) Collapsible C. Once they arrived in Florida their names were anglicized - Elias became Louis Nicholas Garrett and Jamila became Amelia Garrett.
Louis Garrett died in Atlanta, Georgia on 31 May, 1981. His last remaining sibling Isaac died in March 1985 in Jacksonville at the age of 91.
Articles Awake (1981) 22 October 1981 Florida Times Union, 2 June 1981, Obituary
Certificates State of Georgia Certificate of Death References Times Union (Jacksonville, Florida), 20 January 1998, Sisters had Titanic link in mother.
Contributors Michael A. Findlay, USA Phillip Gowan, USA Victor Hugo Ossio Villalba, USA Roland Frisch, USA Frances Taber, USA
Travelling Companions (on same ticket) Miss Jamila ("Amelia Garrett") Nicola-Yarred