Anglo Boere Ooorlog/Boer War (1899-1902) Killed in Action in South Africa
Aim of this Project is to link as many profiles on Geni as well as add those not on Geni and try and build them into our world tree
- In the last few years of the 19th Century, British Imperialism and Afrikaner Nationalism came into conflict with each other.
- This resulted in the Anglo Boer War of 1899-1902.
- The carriers of the British Imperialism were absolute convinced that the leaders of the Afrikaner Nationalism was a thread to them.
- In turn the leaders of the Afrikaner Nationalism on their side again were convinced that the leaders of the British Imperialism wanted to misuse their powers to destroy them.
- There was as far as both parties were concerned no place for both of them in South Africa.
From: Die Anglo Boereoorlog 1899-1902 by Frans-Johan Pretorius . Pretoria 1998
They died on the battlefields
- Bindell, Englebert born Russia ca 1874
- Frederick Andries George Van Blerk Circa 1847-October 23, 1900 (53)
- Blake, George William *Leeds Yorkshire, British Soldier.
- Breytenbach, Conrad Johannes Lodewyk (46.1years) died on 7/10/1903 in a tent in the country near Beira on commando.
- Sarel Stefanus Botes 1871-1901
- Johannes Matteus Engelbrecht 1870-1900
- Johannes Hendrik Hatting - 1889
- Hermanus Jacobus Kriel Hermanus Sagrytjie Kriel 1838-1902
- Jacobus Nicolaas Johannes Lourens 1860-1900
- Sarel Johannes Marais (35) Died on 9/9/1900 on the Battlefields on a farm near Machadodorp.
- Husband of Aletta Maria Buurman and father of 5 children.
- S.o. Sarel Johannes Marais and Johanna Catrina Gouws.
- Research by Judi Marais- Meyer at NASA Pretoria. DN MHG 2420
- George Frederich Muller (32) Died on 30/06/1901 on the Battlefields on a farm Houtrich near Thabanchu
- Husband of Anna Margaretha Janse van Rensburg
- S.o Cornelis Johannes Andries Muller & Sarah Elizabeth Jachson
- Sarel Johannes Marais Died at the age of 59 on 7/10/1901 in action on a farm in the district of Bethal, former Transvaal.
- Research done at NASA - Pretoria MHG 1166 - Judi Marais-Meyer
- Husband of Martha Sophia Jacobs.
- S.o. Jan Gabriel Maris and Cornelia Jacoba Smit.
- 7 Children all adults.
- Meyer, Schalk Willem Jacob from Bernardus meer, Ermelo died on comando 3/8/1901
- Adriaan Marthinus Francois Nel 1841-1899
- Prinsloo, Barend Jacobus (62.4) in the Heidelberg District, Transvaal.
- S.o Joachim Petrus Prinsloo and Petronella Catharina Kruger.
- Married to Petronelle Margaretha Botha
- Widower of Martha Susanna Magdalena Prinsloo (nee Prinsloo) died ca 1878
- 5 Children from 1st marriage and
- 2 from 2nd marriage
- Pieter Andries Rautenbach 1856-1901
- Petrus Johannes Visser ca 1845 - October 16, 1900 (55)
- Killed in action at Jagersfontein dist Fauresmith
- Married to Maria Elisabeth Magdalena Van Blerk (Soekoe)
- Wessels, Izaak Hendrik (41.6 years) Died on 15/3/1902 "in the veld on the farm Mooiklip ward 2 of Vryheid in action" (sic) as per DN MHG 412 NASA Pretoria
- Married to Johanna Jacoba de Jager who died on 21/9/1899 leaving behind 2 little children aged 6 and 4 respectively.
How to Participate
If you have an ancestor who was killed in the ABW on the battlefields:
- Get yourself added as a collaborator
- Navigate to your ancestor's profile
- Under the "More Actions" link choose "Add to Project"
- Select the ABO They died on the Battlefields project
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles to projects.
- Include in the "About Me" section of each person a brief biographical sketch of their lives. Also include their Settler party and ship name and arrival date if known
- Include a photograph/painting of your ancestor if one exists.
- Your ancestor's profiles should be marked as "public" and not "private".
- All included profiles should include full identifying information including birth and death dates as well as birth and death locations. It would also be very helpful if the immediate family of your pioneer ancestor, (their parents, siblings and children) profiles were public profiles also.
- Do not make public any profiles of living people.
NOTE: All POW included on this project will have their profiles editable by other geni.com collaborators of this project. The object of reproducing the list here is to see if these people can be located on Geni and perhaps develop trees from them. To take part in any project - you do need to first be a collaborator - so join the project. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going! How to Participate • Please add only the profiles of people that are linked to this project. This is easily done from the profile page using the Add to project link. • If you have any queries related to these ABW people, please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right). • Please add related projects to the menu on the right. • If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page. • Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you. How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles to projects.