THE PURPOSE OF THIS PROJECTIS
- to find the people of Lydenburg district and where the were.
- Although there are many plaques and even names and farms in the Lydenburg/Leydenburg cemetries and the church as well as in the Archives, little is known of this camp.
See one list of names below
- 613 Ahlers family Dullstroom Lydenburg
- 28233 Anslin family Lydenburg
- 24051 Apiesdoorndraai Lydenburg
- 28181 Austin family Lydenburg
- 23870 Badfontein Lydenburg
- 28482 Barnard family Lydenburg
- 28318 Basch family Lydenburg
- 21338 Bauling family Lydenburg
- 29016 Bauling family Pilgrim's Rest Lydenburg
- 28837 Beetjeskraal Lydenburg
- 28199 Bekker family Lydenburg
- Please add what ever you can find, our contact one of the project leaders for help.
They died in Kimberley Camp
How to Participate
If you have an ancestor who was in the ABW Leydenburg:
- Get yourself added as a collaborator
- Navigate to your ancestor's profile
- Under the "More Actions" link choose "Add to Project"
- Select the ABO===Leydenburg===" project
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles to projects.
- Include in the "About Me" section of each person a brief biographical sketch of their lives. Also include their Settler party and ship name and arrival date if known
- Include a photograph/painting of your ancestor if one exists.
- Your ancestor's profiles should be marked as "public" and not "private".
- All included profiles should include full identifying information including birth and death dates as well as birth and death locations. It would also be very helpful if the immediate family of your pioneer ancestor, (their parents, siblings and children) profiles were public profiles also.
- Do not make public any profiles of living people.
NOTE: All POW included on this project will have their profiles editable by other geni.com collaborators of this project. The object of reproducing the list here is to see if these people can be located on Geni and perhaps develop trees from them. To take part in any project - you do need to first be a collaborator - so join the project. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going! How to Participate • Please add only the profiles of people that are linked to this project. This is easily done from the profile page using the Add to project link. • If you have any queries related to these ABW people, please start a discussion linked to this project. (See the menu top right). • Please add related projects to the menu on the right. • If you have links to related web pages that would be of interest to others please add them in the relevant section at the bottom of the page. In order to do this use the drop down menu at the top left of the screen and Join the Project. If this option is not available to you then contact a collaborator and ask to be added to the project. As a collaborator you will be able to edit this page. • Add any documents of interest using the menu at the top right of the page, and then add a link to the document in the text under the heading below. If you do not know how to do this please contact one of the other collaborators to assist you. How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles to projects.